Finding documentation - FAQ.
Some help on locating documentation at PDC.
This document tries to give some general guidelines on where
to look for the documentation for your favourite application
- If you are looking for general advice on usage of the
system at PDC you will find help in our User Guides
Support -> Guided Tours
Support -> Helpdesk
- If you look for documentation of a specific product and it is
available as HTML or any other portable format you may find it at
- If you are after documentation about some kind of service available
at PDC and not necessarily a product these may be found at
Information -> Services.
To read about our storage facilities for example.
- If the you are looking for a third party software you may have a
look in the
Computing resources -> Software
pages of this web site and read the section about that particular
- Some softwares install documentation in the same directory
as the code. There might be something useful there too. Often,
the command module show module_name can give you help
in finding where the documentation resides.
- Mail to the PDC staff and ask where the documentation is located.
The address is
- Not everything can be found in the official documentation of a
product. Often a search in the World Wide Web may give useful
pdc-staff, $Date: 2004/11/15 16:10:13 $